OFF THE GRID PRESS 2015 CONTEST, SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. Submissions deadline: September 15, 2015. The winner will be announced by Dec. 31, 2015. Each poet will be notified via email. The competition is open only to poets over 60 years of age.
2.The winner will receive $1,000 and publication.
3. Manuscript must be typed, paginated, and 50 – 70 pages in length (single spaced). We do not accept double-sided manuscripts.
4. Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 35 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Translations and self-published books are not eligible. No multi-authored collections, please.
5. Manuscripts must have a paginated table of contents and include a list of acknowledgments for poems previously published. Manuscripts cannot be returned. Please do not send us your only copy.
6. Send one copy of your manuscript. There should be one title page with book title and all contact information: Name, address, phone, email. Use only binder clips. No staples, folders, or printer-bound copies.
7. No illustrations, photographs or images should be included.
8. For notification of the winner, include a business-sized SASE. If you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your manuscript, include a stamped addressed postcard. Winners will be announced at the end of December, 2014. Entry fee for the Off The Grid Press Competition is $25. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Off The Grid Press.
9. Manuscripts should be submitted by mail. Mail entries to:
Off The Grid Press
24 Quincy St.
Send inquiries to email@example.com.
10. If, in our judgment, no submission is worthy of publication, the press reserves the right not to publish any book.